Communities and social software
This course is still in forming stage only...
Main idea - to give a general overview of social software and community models in lectures and practical skills in using different social applications and methods in labs.
- 16 weeks (one semester/term), 2 academic hours of lectures and 1 hour of labs weekly (2-0-1) - in practice, one 1.5-hour lecture every week, one 1.5-hour lab every other week, plus independent work.
- 3.0 Estonian academic credits, 4.0 ECTS credits
- 1.Community – what's that?
- 2.Special features of online communication
- 3.Social software – building blocks of online communities
- 4.Learning communities
- 5.Social networking sites – the bane of the youth?
- 6.The WikiWorld
- 7.The blogosphere: you can be a journalist, too!
- 8.Feeding the news – RSS, Atom and others
- 9.Social bookmarking and tagging
- 10.Building software the Linux way – community-based software development
- 11. ....
2.Sharing the content: Flickr, Frappr
4.Bookmarking and tagging – del.icio.us, Technorati, Rojo
5.Learning authoring – LeMill
- Create a bookmark collection at del.icio.us
- Create a photo album at Flickr
- Write an introduction about yourself at the course wiki
- Write about the experiences in a blog