The broomstick at the door: security and privacy in different times
Allikas: KakuWikiMine navigeerimisribaleMine otsikasti
In old, more secure(?) times, Estonians had the custom of placing a broomstick against the door to denote that nobody is home - the practice still lives in some remote places .
- History of Computer Security - a collection of historical papers on computer security
- Wikipedia: Computer Security - lacks social aspects somewhat
- Computers:Security @dmoz.org - a big pile of links
- Early Computer Security Papers - some more papers (mostly technical)
- A Short History of Computer Viruses and Attacks @Washington Post - a popular-style story
- A Brief History of Information Security - from the Information Security M.Sc programme at Lewis University
- Firewalls and Internet Security - some history too
- Island - an essay by Kaia Lehari, contains the broomstick example.